Calvary Church was established and the first church building dedicated in 1859 within a block of what is now the Fort Bend County Court House. The building was reconstructed in 1878 after being destroyed by a hurricane. In 1954, the church building was moved to the present location and the Parish Hall was built. Calvary School was opened as a kindergarten in 1956. The present church building was dedicated in 1959 and the classroom building in 1993.
The real history of Calvary is its people. Families have always been the center of Calvary's life with more and more outreach developing to meet the needs of the people of Fort Bend County. Calvary is proud of its past, but is ever mindful of the changing world we serve.